Sea bass & citrus pesto spaghetti
- Spaghetti for 2
For the fish
- 2 sea bass fillets (~200gr)
- 1 lime & ½ orange juice
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
For the pesto sauce
- 1 cup mint leaves
- ½ cup roasted pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice from ½ lemon
- juice from ½ orange
- 1 orange zest
- 2 garlic cloves, smushed
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Remove the skin from the fish fillets, lay in an open container and season with salt. Pour the lime and orange juices, making sure that the fillets are covered by the marinade. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for 25’ (until they turn opaque white).
- In the meantime, blend all ingredients of the pesto sauce together until they become homogenized.
- Broil the pasta in salted water.
- Add the olive oil in a nonstick frying pan and cook the marinated fillets over medium heat, for 2’ on each side. Remove to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Sieve the spaghetti and mix with the pesto sauce.
- Break the fillet into smaller pieces and serve on top of the spaghetti.